Monday, October 09, 2006

The Bag Bug

I’ve been bitten by the bag bug, and I’ve been bitten bad. I’m blaming Sara. Here are two more I’ve just finished. I carried the green one today to decide how I feel about the longer straps and I don’t like them at all. They will soon be undergoing a surgical reduction. I keep looking for a bag pattern I like better than this, but so far this is my favorite. I’m going to be taking another fused glass soon and this time I’m going to focus on making buttons. This means that I’m hunting for a bag pattern that will have comfortable sturdy straps and a button flap to showcase my sure-to-be-beautiful buttons with dichroic glass.

When Stephanie Gausted judged my Romney skein at the fair, I had noted that it was intended for a felted bag. She good naturedly quipped that Romney wasn’t known to make the best felt, but who knew. Maybe she’d get an email someday from the skein’s owner saying that it made the best darned felted fabric ever. But she’s not going to get that email because she was right. It doesn’t felt well at all, and that’s why I’m so excited to use it in the felted bags. It turns into boucle. I used to shun Romney because I could see no feasible use. Shun no more!

1 comment:

:shazzy: said...

And I have seen these bags in person, and they are adorable. The boucle is really cool.