Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mid Something Summer

Here it is the middle of July and we still have wildflowers.  These are Prickly Poppy.
I was driving by and had to take a picture of these - Composite.  It's been such an unusual weather year.  It was muggy again today with late afternoon clouds and thankfully, so thunderstorm activity. 
At the same time we're getting early rabbit brush flowers, which means that I need to start thinking about whether or not I'm going to have them in a dyepot.  Hey time - stop crowding me!
I decided that I need to take some downtime and follow the example of my dogs.  It's been a busy spring.  I'm very excited though following our guild board meeting on Friday.  I followed up on the suggestions and met with the library managers since the library was right on my way home.  We have a for-reals weaving outreach event in the spring that the library has adopted and will advertise for us.
In the interim, I've had some grandchild knitting to do.





3 comments:

Maggie said...

What an adorable sweater!

Benita said...

I was sent some dried rabbitbrush for dyeing, so maybe you can dry yours for use later when you have more time.

I love the vest!!!!

Michelle said...

Cute vest! I could see Brian in that!