Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sue Camp

I drove over to Grass Valley Wednesday morning.  It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive but I like to participate in the spinning demonstrations at the Nevada County Fair since we no longer have a fair here.  My four-hour shift that evening was at AgExperience, a recent extension of the main guild display area and in the heart of the agriculture area. I ultimately had four four-hour shifts - long story.

I've been a member of the Foothill Fiber Guild for the past ten years and have made wonderful friends in spite of the distance.  Sue has offered me her guest room on a number of occasions and since Ian wanted to stay home, I accepted.
Jane Milner demonstrated the art of basket weaving. 
The display area wasn't big but it was varied, including fleece entries.
And inkle looms for those who wanted to try them.  Kids are fearless.
Bhakti Banning was brilliant with wet felting.
She was making a bowl and this is how she finished it - with a needle-felted face in the bottom.

I love Sue's back porch.  My car malfunctioned and my simple trip became more complicated.  I got to spend more time in Grass Valley than I had anticipated, and thanks to my friends, it was fantastic.
Eleanor needed a new thermostat so while she was in the hands of Sue's mechanics, I spent mornings enjoying coffee and grrl talk on her deck - sleepover!  When I think of all alternative scenarios, I cringe  - dead car in a cell hole somewhere crossing the Sierras. I still find it hard to believe that I had such a great time when it could have been so terrible. I loved Sue Camp!




1 comment:

Benita said...

I think God just wanted you to stay and have some more fun. :)