This is the beginning of the sample. I thought I'd go with what I know and wove this as turned taquete. Epic fail!
So I switched to plain weave and wove until I ran out of this yarn. I held slightly different shades of similar colors when I warped so it gives an interesting heathered look. I'm not sure how I feel about the off-white, but this is my first time to weave with wool with fabric as the intended outcome so everything is experimental.
I finished it this morning and have since washed and pressed it, which dramatically improved the hand. I ordered some Fray-Check from Amazon that's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'm planning to cut and piece this in four pieces to make a mock vest-back. Might as well put it to use.
It seems silly to try and invent something when I have so little experience so looked through Sharon Alderman's book for help. This is the draft I've chosen and I've been wanting to use my eight harnesses anyway.
I quickly wound another short warp 9" wide and sleyed it. I'll at least be able to weave a little ways on it tomorrow. The good news is that the Kelbourne Woolens yarn has a twill sett of 12 epi and this draft has 12 threads per square. Once again, I worked until I was starving, wolfed down my lunch and now my stomach is mad at me.
Obviously school has started again as I've gotten calls already for sub jobs and I've accepted two. Wednesday I'll be at a totally bilingual elementary school. It might be a little rough this soon after school is back in session but I found the kids there to be exceptionally helpful and engaged listeners during storytime. I hope I don't end up eating my words.
Sammy plays with her squeaky toys when she is feeling a little nervous or insecure. This morning I noticed that she seemed to have quite the collection going so when I called her name and she lifted her head up - she had a cache of four! We're busy fixing and cleaning, getting ready to start showing the house again in September. I guess she senses something is up.