Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Cha Cha Cha Changes

Guess what happened last weekend!  This is Logan, my second grandchild and oldest grandson here in Bend.  He has done very well in high school and has a lot to be proud of.  Congratulations Logan, I've told you before and I'll say it again - I am *so* proud of you!
His parents are certainly proud of him.  My son is about to burst his buttons!  Logan's graduating class was huge, almost 400 seniors!
Commencement was held at the fair grounds event center and the newspaper estimated that there were about 3,000 in attendance.  We celebrated that afternoon with a party at their house and the opening of Logan's kindergarten time capsule.  It was adorable and also emotional.
Tomorrow morning we leave for Reno and another commencement.  This time it's for Kiernan, my oldest grandson.  This is my trip knitting and I'm hoping to finish it on this trip so I can start the other July birthday gift scarf.  Kiernan will be 19 on July 2nd which doesn't seem possible.  I was one of his delivery coaches when he was born and it just doesn't seem like it could have been that long ago.
The master bath in our house leaves a lot of be desired.  While we're gone son Matt is going to demo this retrofitted shower.  Ian calls it the time machine.
And this strange short spa tub has to go too.  We've never used it, don't even know if it works and we don't care.  Matt is going to build a walk-in shower in this space.
This is the tile that he'll use for the updating.  I was really surprised at how expensive tile is.  This small pile is about $1,000 and we still have to pay Matt for the tile he's going to use which will save us a chunk.  When we built our house in Red Rock I told Steve our contractor that I wanted tile throughout the first floor and he knew our budget and said that we couldn't afford it.  Now I get it.  It's going to a long summer camping out in the guest bathroom.  I need to keep my eye on what's coming instead of what's happening.

2 comments:

LA said...

Summer does seem to be the time for doing a remodel project! Congratulations to your graduates!!!

vivici said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.