Saturday, January 08, 2022

Happy New Year!

 

You've probably given up on me and assumed that we were Covid victims but we're fine, still kicking, even the rotten cat is fine.

This was our last Thanksgiving dinner together celebrated Sunday December 18th because Josh had Covid on the actual Thanksgiving.  It took him two weeks to recover and he is now in Blackfoot, Idaho where he accepted a new position with FedEx, managing two terminals in the SE corner of the state.  I just got off the phone with him after his first week in the new position.  He said the first couple of days were bewildering but he's in love with his three-year-old state-of-the-art headquarters and is happy to be there.  Missy and Evan will join him after Evan graduates from high school this spring.

Meanwhile we're trying to get used to living small, just the two of us.  It feels dire since we're still managing our lives around Covid.  It's pretty empty but we still get out and about for lunches here and there.
We make it a point to get in our two-mile walks, just not together.  Ian is out and walking by 6:00, before I get up!  I prefer midmorning and this walk was in the raccoon's tracks.
Snow melts quickly these days and the deer are finding bits to munch on.  We always enjoy seeing them, though there aren't nearly as many as we've had in the past years.
I've been focused on keeping my neck warm this winter, both by longer hair and also by knitting shawlettes.  This pattern is on Ravelry called Close to You and is free.  I like it so much I've made it for both my daughter and me.,
I'm really excited with this popcorn maker.  I love popcorn as a snack but I don't like getting my hands oily.  My friend Kathi says she and her partner have microwave popcorn every night so I found this maker on Amazon and ordered it.  It pops just the right amount in a little over a minute and oil is optional.  I put a little olive oil in the bottom, add the corn and pop!  It's the perfect afternoon snack.
Yikes!  All of my holds came in to the library at the same time.  This will keep me busy!!








1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, I didn't recognize you in that photo – even when I enlarged it! It's a good look, friend!