Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Actually Knitting a Sweater

I was feeling bummed with this project yesterday as I finished up the second sleeve. It is ugly yarn and I can't see how ugly yarn won't make an ugly sweater. Just the same I washed up the body and put in on an sweater drier last night. I rinsed up the sleeves this morning and was spreading them on the sweater drier when I felt something poke my knee. Without looking, I brushed it off and discovered that I had knocked a wasp to the floor, but not before he stung me on both my knee and left index finger. I remembered what my mother did for Chrissie when she would get bee stings and made up a poultice of Vaseline and paprika which I put on my knee. I used ice on my finger. I think the reason Mom made the poultice is that Chrissie would never sit still long enough to keep the ice on. The ice worked fine for my finger, but my knee still stings now and then. Why not hold ice on it too? My hands are busy knitting.

I'm really bummed about the wasp. We had a horrible problem with them last fall and it looks like we're going to have a bad go of it again. I think it's time to call the exterminator.

No comments: