These are my dye day mop-ups, and I'm sure they don't hold a candle to Lindsey's mop-ups. That woman needs a blog! The fact that I don't know if these locks are Bluefaced Leicester or Coopworth/Salish is a loud and clear message to me that I've lost control of my fiber stash. Until recently, all fiber bins in the garage were clearly labeled - I don't know what went wrong.
I had thought about separating the locks into colors, running each one through the drum carder, then holding them together when I spin. But I opened a couple of locks and I fell in love with them, so I guess I will probably just have to it the slow way, one flicked lock at a time. I can't believe how much work I put into my yarn, then sell the hats for commercial yarn prices. I'm just glad I can sell the hats so I can have an excuse to make more yarn.
These are the two skeins of brown and white Brown Sheep wool/mohair that I took to dye. I think the skein on the right is pretty close to what I like and always shoot for. I think the one on the left actually might be Squawdge - it's not as easy to get as you might think. We're watching the NCAA semi-finals and I'm knitting so should have a hat to submit for a vote very soon. Squawdge or no - you will get to vote.