Friday, August 14, 2020

Sayonara Muchachas Maybe

The overarching sweep by ICE did not go unnoticed.  The New York Times covered it yesterday - read about it here.   I learned today that Rachel Maddow covered it last night on her show.  We know that the two men snatched by ICE have outstanding warrants, which are normally handled by the local police.  ICE was belligerent and uncooperative.   There's so much confusion.  I for one am very unhappy with the performance of the new chief of police.  I realize it was only his second day on the job but he didn't act very chief-like in my book.  The protestors started gathering at 1:00 and he was absent and silent until 7:00, and he said the swat team presented because they had been on a local exercise.  Believe that?  Meanwhile pickup trucks are removing mailboxes in Eugene and Portland.  'nuff of that stuff.

This might be my last post.  Blogger has changed so much that I am unable to post photos without a protracted workaround.  I am an Apple user and they have made in increasingly difficult to post photos without transferring them to a Microsoft friendly platform.  I do believe that WordPress is Apple friendly, but I'm not sure I have anything of interest to say anymore.  For now, I'll press the Pause button.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I declined the new Blogger format so am able to use it as I always have, with my MacBook Pro. As for our nation, we need a requiem.

Valerie said...

I will miss checking in on you, Sharon, to see what you are weaving and reading.
I ran out of things to share a long time ago, so I understand. But if you do post on another format, I hope you'll direct us there.

karensspinzen said...

I enjoy seeing what you're up to. Those towels fascinate me! I hope you find a format that will allow you to continue blogging in comfort.