Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Outrageous!

 I haven't woven in two months and you'd think that in quarantine I'd have all the time in the world.  At least I thought that, but I feel busy but I sure don't have much to show for my time.  I decided to try something new and warped for Summer and Winter, a pattern I found in Handwoven.  I'm discovering that there are more threading errors than the one I found and fixed with a string heddle.  I don't have a sales outlet but usually around Christmas people contact me to buy towels as gifts.  That's what I have in mind for these.

I just started on this way overdue post when the news alert came in that two unmarked buses from ICE are in Bend rounding up people to deport.  We just got a new police chief sworn into office just last week.  He was second in the command in Portland where the police department has a reputation for rough stuff.  The city manager had the sole authority to hire Chief Krantz, over widespread protest from the community and from the District Attorney.  It didn't take him long to show his true colors.  The ACLU is on it's way but won't be here for a couple more hours.  Meanwhile, local protesters have surrounded the buses to prevent them from apprehending any more victims.  In Bend!!  

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You know the Bible passage where Jesus says, "I was a stranger and you took me in"? Look it up in a concordance; the word translated 'stranger' is actually 'foreigner.' This administration is ruled by people who take God's name in vain by calling themselves Christians; their actions SHOUT otherwise. On Judgement Day, Jesus is going to say to them, "I never knew you." In the meantime, we must all VOTE.