Wednesday, March 11, 2020

May You Live in Interesting Times

This is the second table runner on a warp intended to produce five runners for the sale the end of this month.  I ruined the first one so this is the first one that is salable.


This is the third one and it's what I'm currently working on and am only working on this loom until the deadline is passed, then it's back to Summer and Winter again.

My disaster sweater turned out much better than I had expected but I need to wear a t-shirt underneath - it's itchy!  It actually looks better than this and it's not oversized when worn with a tee.  I wore it to knitting last week and when I drew attention to my completed project, the group was surprised - said they didn't realize it was hand knit.  Or maybe they were just being nice :-)
I saw this wall hanging on Facebook last week.  We've purchased quite a bit of pottery from Joe Winter but his wife Shiho is also a potter, except all her work is hand-built.  She posted a picture last week of six little wall hangings on Facebook and I knew I wanted this one the second I saw it.  I reacted quickly for the buy.  Joe said, "the early bird gets the worm" - yay me!!
My hair has finally grown long enough after that crazy haircut 18-months ago that my new hairdresser has finally been able to style it.  It's still pretty curly but at least my hair finally looks like something I recognize in the mirror.  I need to work on my selfie skills.  I am having cataracts removed next month and wonder if I'll need reading glasses afterwards.  I still haven't decided if I'll have both eyes corrected for distance or mono vision, which is one close and one distant.  I do that with contacts but I'm not sure I want that correction for the rest of my life.

I forgot to take any pictures of Delaney recently because mostly I take videos to put on Facebook for her Reno family.  Delaney turns one in three weeks and the whole Reno gang will be here for the celebration.  She still isn't great at crawling but it spending more time standing to play, and her playing in one place makes her a whole lot easier to watch.  We'll need a gate for the stairs before long.  We've been putting things on the risers that we don't want her to play with but they're not going to be safe for much longer.

Lots of uneasiness here in Central Oregon as we watch COV-19 on the world stage.  The main office of Smart (Start Making a Reader Today) announced on Monday that reading to kinders is suspended until April.  And today I was asked as president of the local weaving guild to think about cancelling the April meeting.  I'll let the members decide at the meeting next week.  Lots to think about.

3 comments:

weavinfool said...

Our March guild meeting was just cancelled. The speaker is in Africa and will be flying home so asked to be rescheduled for later.

karensspinzen said...

I really like that sweater. And I'm a little bit jealous that you can wear a pullover. They just don't work for my warm moments ;)

ANDRAINO ADAMS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.