Sunday, March 01, 2020

The Ongoing Conundrum

I still haven't found a way to access all my photos in Blogger but I do think I've found a backdoor. Meanwhile, this is my newest piece of weaving equipment.  It's called a hoop raddle and it's made by Glimakra, the same folks who made the lease sticks that I bought last year and love.  I called Patty Huffer, our weaving guru, and asked her how to assemble and use this, as it's quite a bit larger than the one I'm replacing.  She had me put in on the front beam, and voila, I had the loom dressed in record time.  Worth every penny!
I'm weaving Overshot in these two colors.  The whole warp is for table runners and each one will have a different colored weft.  I misunderstood the directions and the first runner is a dud. I'm weaving a corrected pattern now which is stunning. 

Any photo I want to use I have to "heart" on my phone and in a couple of days it shows up in a folder I can access in Blogger. I figured this out earlier this week and it will be a while before I can post.  At least I'll know how many days I have to allow between taking a photo and being able to blog with it.  Microsoft and Apple do not play well with each other, but I'm not dead yet.
February was warm and dry, and although the Cascades have gotten a fair amount of snow this snow year, we are being warned to prepare for water rationing if we don't get some healthy storms.  Plants were fooled into thinking it was an early spring and then it dropped to 19 last night and now they have to start over.  Such is life in the High Desert.  Being a volunteer at the High Desert Museum has given a fresh appreciation for the struggles homesteaders had to overcome in order to merely live.
We've had a couple of days in the mid-50s and were able to enjoy the outdoors.  Delaney and I went out for about a half hour to keep Grandpa company while he cut firewood.  I know the winter sun is cooler but I don't want to be the one sunburns my granddaughter.  The breeze ruffled her hair which perplexed her and she kept reaching for it.  So many new experiences await her.

That's not all I have to say but that's all the pictures that I've been able to access.  If my theory is right, I'll be back to bore you again shortly.

4 comments:

LA said...

Isn't overshot fun!!! It's one of my favorite weave structures! It's nice to see you and Delaney enjoying a sunny day.

Michelle said...

Beautiful photo of Delaney; glad you've found a 'back door.' I miss your posts!

Jenny Bellairs said...

I’ve missed seeing your posts. I was thinking is was something I did on my iPad that made them go away. Glad you are still weaving.
Jenny B

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.