Saturday, January 27, 2007

More Bags

I stopped by Jimmy Beans to get a button for my squatty fat bag. I made some i-cord for a closure and needed a button to finish it off. I found the abolutely perfect button for the bag, and fell completely in love with their button selections. It’s of fused glass with all the colors of the bag, like I had made it my self. When Amy gave me the dichroic glass button and said, design something around this, I was not prepared for the energy that one button can generate.



I finished up a couple more bags. The green one is spoken for. Chrissie came for our campus KIP lunch – she gets to come because she brings my beautiful Allie – and she saw me knitting on it. She reminded me that her birthday is coming but I worried back that I thought I had a buyer, to which she replied – I wish I could type it like she said it – Motheeeeer, I’ll pay you money for it. So the green one is a birthday present.

I love the way different wools felt. The blue bag on the left in the first picture and the green bag - Chrissie's bag - are from Coopworth. The felt is almost a fabric. The top part of the bag on the right is from luster long wool – Romney or Border Leicester – can’t remember but I love the way it looks, kind of bubbly and hairy. I'm trying to get some spun into yarn before the enforced spinning diet.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Hi, I'm just surfing around and came across your blog. You have a lot of interesting posts and photos. Your knitting is lovely and I love your wonderful felted bags.

Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

Your production is, as always, amazing!

:shazzy: said...

do you have a link for the bag pattern? To lazy to look. And if you don't, you should do a tutorial on how to make them! (with pics of every step of course!)