Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day After Valentine's Day

These are the fruits of my dye labors today. I seem to be stuck in a dye rut, the colors aren't much differnt than earlier skeins. The green on the left was actually a brassy yellow that I saddened with black and got yet more green. I hadn't planned to dye all these skeins today. I had planned to make bread.

I drove across the valley to Mim's to get the small glass bread pan that she had offered to trade for my larger one. That's a trip - we live 3 1/2 miles apart but it takes ten minute to drive there because of the gates and roads. She has so much snow at her end of our valley that her sheep can walk over the fence from one pen to another. I was sorry to not have my camera. I got back home to realize that I had forgotten to buy more flour.

Tomorrow is my spinning demonstration for the library's knitting club. I'll assemble the bag on the left for them, the one on the right being the bag I assembled for our guild last weekend. So what did I do with my afternoon since I couldn't make bread?

I sat on the deck and read this book. The thermometer said it was only 49 degrees but it felt so warm that I changed into a tank top, and I'll probably be sorry I did tomorrow when I wake up with a sunburn.

I wish I could come up with a signature sign-off like Garrison Kieler's - from Lake Wobegon where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average. Maybe one will come to me in the shower.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the Croc's in the sun! Our snows were only 6" and stopped yesterday - today was shirt-sleeves and boots as the melt created 4" of muck on the way to the barn. Roads are nice and dry, too. That's one benefit of this high altitude living - It may be 38 F, but you can still fry in the sun! :)

I love the colors of the yarn! (Who needs bread?)

Leigh said...

I get some of my best ideas in the shower! *lol* I get stuck in color ruts too. Some colors just seem more comfortable to work with than others, don't they! Of course, which colors those are seems to vary from person to person.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I did a dye day on my own Saturday too, come see pictures!

Birdsong said...

Didn't you just love how warm the weather was this weekend?! I know more rain is on the way, and winter's not done with us yet, but it sure was a welcome break.