These are the locks I started with. I've learned a lot about how to felt and how to not felt locks, by badly felting locks. I do so love these colors and am determined to salvage their little clotted, knotted selves.
Somewhere in my Vista photo gallery, where I still struggle to find my pictures, is a photo of the two bobbins. It was a good picture. One bobbin I flicked with clearly preferable results but painful because of the knots; the other bobbin was from locks carded on the drum carder, with a clear loss of color change and a blurring of colors. Even so, I love the plied skein. It will be a great bag yarn.
This is all that I have left from my dyed handspun yarns. Bags are a fiber hog. I've started another one on the bottom left and am using a lot of bits and pieces, because it's all I've got left and I'd like everything to be used. I went upstairs to see if I could find anything useful in the bin I'd quarantined as moth infected. I realized the solution was to dump the whole lot and get it over with, and it was relief to relegate them to the dumpster. Fresh start.
Fire season in full swing.....
10 hours ago