Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Color of Birthday

Amy came out yesterday for a visit and to help me celebrate my birthday, she brought this stunning marigold to plant in the yard, somehow fitting since I've been obsessing on yellow rabbit brush. I thought it ironic that the hand-dyed mohair locks she was drop spindling were in harmony with her flower choice. More ironic, since I had started working on the same colors that morning.

One dye day last spring, the same one when I dyed the three colors for my confetti socks, I dabbled in trying to rainbow dye an ounce of silver Romney. This morning was the face off and I realized the roving was just as felted as I feared. I was so gentle with it - oh well. It went onto the drum carder. I tried to keep the oranges on one side and the reds on the other.
I really thought that I could see the reds, oranges and yellows when I was spinning, but the picture is probably more honest than I was with myself.
My grandma used to say, "The proof is in the pudding" and this pudding is orange. Am I disapppointed? You betcha. I'll put in the color basket and one day it may find its way into a felted bag.

Amy brought a binder of sock ideas that she has been collecting. My swatching for Schaeffer's Eleanor Roosevelt sock yarn hasn't yielded any satisfactory results, but as soon as I saw Boxcar Willie, I knew that was the pattern for my yarn. I'm just a few inches into it but it's good.
Amy also brought pies - note the continuing color theme. They are Granny Smith apple, blackberry, cranberry and the right one is with Grand Marnier. She always makes a pie "without" for Ian. I sample both because I can, and I can say with authority that Amy is a killer pie maker.

6 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Wow! Sorry I missed that BD party :)
I could see your colors in the single, but they were just to blended I guess for it to come out strongly in the yarn; sorry it didnt work out although I think it turned out a nice color anyway.

Mim said...

Hey the colors are great. Never saw a color I didn't like it will be good for something. I missed the pies!!! Amy makes excellent pies and you got it all, Happy Birthday.

Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

Thanks!

Beryl said...

Happy belated birthday! Amy's pies look good enough for a drive to Nevada for a sample:-)

Wool Enough said...

The red-orange yarn may not be what you set out to create, but it certainly is stunning.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色