Ian brought home this tired old library card catalog and it's been sitting on the front porch for weeks. He thought it would be good storage for my studio but I couldn't think of anywhere to put it, until I realized that if I cleared off my yarn dresser, it could go on top. Space is at a premium and all surfaces have been covered and cluttered. This just gives me an elevated surface to cover and clutter.
The best part is that I was able to store most of the stuff from my beading table. I haven't been able to get close to it for the last year. One thing lead to another and finally I was in full fledged cleaning mode. The dust was terrible and this is not to say that the studio is actually clean now, but it is workable. By the time DS Matt and Julia came for dinner yesterday afternoon, I was completely congested from the dust. Bad timing.
I was inspired by my accessible workspace and emailed Laura for help on calculating the warp from my handspun. Bad news. I didn't have enough to make the size I wanted. Several more emails and a couple of phone calls later, we decided that I should put on a dummy warp, which I have started here. I'm flying blind. I have entered this project in the fair next month. I hope this works.
Meanwhile, my handspun is waiting and ready, and I am antsy to get it onto the loom.
News. Updates. Announcements.
15 minutes ago