Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Pies

I love my ceramic pie plates. I have bought so many over the years but these are the only two that I have left. Each one has been a memory but the problem is that have I put a pie in one, taken it to a function, then forgot where I took it and then suddenly I don't have any nor do I know where they went.
Thanks to my grand-
mother, I can put a crust on anything. Tomorrow at Thanks-
giving, between friends and family, we'll be seating close to two dozen at the table. I so love this holiday - all family, no presents. My pie assignment this year is pecan and cherry. Son Josh has the giant house and has inherited the holiday. I could go on, but I won't.
This is my compro-
mise, plus it makes a stable way to transport the pies. They're pretty heavy actually. I still have Amy's pie plate that she brought for my birthday in October, case in point. Dan Wheeler from Mossy Creek Pottery, Oregon was the potter for the left plate and Joe Winter, my neighbor, was the potter for the right one. Why did it take me so long to figure this out. So what if I'm cheating.

Wishing a wonderful Thanksgiving to all. Did I mention that this is my most favorite of all holidays....

8 comments:

Rascal said...

Why doesn't anybody ever bake a catnip pie? I think a catnip pie would look good in your pretty pie dishes. I think a catnip pie would be a big hit. I would certainly have a piece.

Catzee said...

Haf a happy turkey day! I hope Charlie gets lotsa turkey to eat. (And the peoples too)

margene said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon and family. Your pies look good enough to eat! Love the pie plates, too.

Beryl Moody said...

Wow -- after filling up on Thanksgiving fare at Rainbow Lodge today, I think I'll just keep going and stop by your house for some of that pie in those to "die for" pie plates! Happy Thanksgiving.

Birdsong said...

I love your pie plates! I know what you mean about trying to keep track of food dishes. I used to have glass pie pans, but don't know what became of them. My current favorite is a green Jadeite one, bought new about five years ago, rather than being afraid to cook in an antique.

bspinner said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who collects hand pottered pie plates. You're pies look delicious!!! Hope your family had a wonder Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Tina T-P said...

Ha - my Pampered Chef stoneware pie plates are not allowed to leave the house! You can't get the smaller ones any more, so I'm very careful with them. Your pies look delicious - I've never made a pecan pie, but I do like it. I think cherry is probably my all time favorite pie tho. I could have brought my home grown pumpkin pie and we'd have had all the dessert we wanted.
I'm 4 hats done and 4 hats to go then I'll have my Christmas presents ready. The last one only took me about 2 days, so I think I'm OK -
The book about Dewey the Library cat is on my "to read" list. He looks a lot like Neelix too. It sounds like a very cute book, I'll look forward to seeing what you have to say about it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. T.

kathy b said...

Now I want a ceramic pie plate. Yours are lovely.