Saturday, November 29, 2008

2008 Christmas Tree Hunt

Seventeen people, six vehicles and ten permits met the day after Thanks-
giving at Hallelujah Junction to embark on the 2008 Christmas tree hunt. Ian and I came in the smallest truck and scored the first tree.

Son Josh came with the biggest truck, cut the last tree, but oh my what a tree he did cut. You know that's not going to fit into a house without substantial reduction.
This is our sixth year to go as a group for trees and this is by far our largest group and it is certainly the mildest weather we have experienced. We were able to cut our trees and get back to Chilcoot for breakfast before the rest of the crowd. In fact, the only vehicles we saw were driving in as we were leaving.
Ian called for a hat shot. These are all hats that I have knitted. I am, in fact, wearing the first hat that I ever knitted. It's the only one I have or wear.




Our Redding kids.










Our Reno kids.




Josh lead the procession into the Sierras and drove through all the puddles available. As second in the parade, we kept our distance but were able to appreciate the care he took to get the most mud from every puddle. Ian says he takes it to an art form. Look at the size of that tree!

6 comments:

Catzee said...

That looks like so much fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT FUN! I LOVE a HUGE tree! My husband moans and groans EVERY year and tries to convince me to get a smaller one. No deal!

Anonymous said...

Forgot -- LOVE the hats!

Birdsong said...

What a great family outing! It is hard not to notice the weather being way too mild in these photos for where you went. I sure hope this isn't the way of the future.

Jodi said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love the hat photo -- so many wonderful pieces of wearable art.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, that looks like so much fun, and brings back fond memories of tree hunting in WY. *sigh* :)

We had over 2 feet of snow here yesterday and I am In The Holiday Mood!

Jane