I woke up this morning exhausted after having dreampt all night about fixing the warp. I decided that the worrying was worse than the fix. Since I was only adding an extra inch, I didn't check for threading errors and I should have. See the bundle of three warps an inch from the left? That fix was pretty annoying and required a string heddle. I really liked working the hemstitch against the flexible blind slat. It went quickly.
I sewed all the strips this morning and cogitated about how I could fix my problem, if there were any short cuts. I hated to pull the warp all the way forward and then rewind it, but if I weighed the inch separately, I'd have to fool with letting it forward for all 16 placemats. I decided that would probably take more time than the proper fix. I'm using two fabrics from the destash box that Benita sent me, as they both had the same value of green - about two yards of each.
The first mat is done. The coolest thing about hem-
stitching is that when I take these off the loom, I only have to cut between the slats and they are finished. No fringe to tie! I can't remember who suggested this, but thank you!! I have a craft fair on the 28th and I think these will easily be finished in time.
Illustration Friday "Safety"
14 hours ago