Saturday, January 23, 2010

In Between Storms

I woke up this morning and saw that the sunshine was still with us. The wind hadn't started yet, and I knew I had one more nice day to walk the dogs. The below-freezing temp meant the road would be easy to walk on. The rains last week left us snow free for several days, but the slush was just about impossible to navigate.

Pink Panther Clerk (who just suffered a dog bite: "You said your dog does not bite." Peter Sellers: "That is not my dog."
That is not my dog.

These however are my dogs and they are nearly beside themselves, trying to be outside dogs when the temps say - stay inside. It's still below freezing. Peterson Mountain looked so pretty this morning. As I type this tonight, a bank of storm clouds is crossing with tomorrow's storm. But for this morning, it was very pretty.

My Franken-
stein sock form! I bought a pair of cedar sock forms last year from Carolina Homespun and was terribly disappointed a couple of pairs ago to pull one form out in two pieces. The wood is discolored along the site of the split which indicates to me that it was flawed. Today I stapled it together, though I don't know how long it will hold.
I finished DIL Missy's socks after my walk this morning. The kids are down from Oregon this weekend and are going to stop by here for a while in the morning - last stop on the way back home. Missy is still knitting and has some projects she wants help with, and grandson Logan is excited to spend some time with Grandpa on his newly begun stamp collection. I hope Missy and I will have time for a purl lesson. She knits up a storm though she has never learned to purl. But boy does she have that knit stitch down!

And the disaster warp is sleyed.

7 comments:

Birdsong said...

I sure am envious of that sunshine.. we barely saw it today in the so-called break between storms! Those socks turned out lovely... I think you should let Carolina Homespun know about your defective sock form... send that photo! A replacement should be on its way...

Valerie said...

Ditto on the Birdsong's sunshine comment. Most of our days just keep getting darker after sunrise this past week!

The socks are lovely! This winter, socks are good!!

Benita said...

That sun look bright bouncing off the snow. It's still gray here... :)

I agree that you should contact Carolina Homespun and have them replace the sock blocker.

And I love the socks - especially the yarn. Very pretty!!!

bspinner said...

What beautiful photos!!!

Socks are lovely!!!!!! I think I would email some pictures to Carolina Homespun. I'm sure it would be in their best interest to either replace them.

vlb5757 said...

I am so sorry to see that your nice sock blocker cracked. I think I might be sending that baby back and asking for a replacement. Your socks look great despite the great divide. I love your pictures of the mountain covered with snow. The only time I see mountains is when we go home for vacation. I miss trees!

Robin said...

LOVE those pictures!! Just beautiful! They're predicting snow flurries everyday this week for us with only maybe an ince or so accumulation. It's supposed to be in the high 20's to low 30's all week. Your pups are just soaking up the sun - they look so peaceful.

Life Looms Large said...

The socks came out great!!! Very pretty. What a bummer about the sock blocker. If you phone them, would they just send you a new one?? I think they should.

For some reason, in the last picture of your dogs I thought the top dog was levitating. I was trying to figure out how you got it to pose like that. Vivid imagination or tired? You be the judge!

Sue