Miss Millie and I have had a time of it. I thought that I should finally warp from back-to-front, so got out my Chandlers and followed the directions. Where she said some people make two crosses but we're going to use a counting thread - that's where I stepped off the cliff. Getting warp spread through a raddle without a cross is impossible to do well. I got it spread as close to order as I could approximate. In hindsight, I should have put my one cross in back and could have made a dummy cross in front.
I'm not sure this warp is weavable, but Miss Millie and I have become pretty good friends in this process. I've ordered more cotton for birthday towels so don't want to dress Maudie Mae until it gets here. The way I see it is, I have more time than money. Were I still drawing a salary, I would have cut this off and chalked it up to experience.
I decided that I needed a project with a rewarding end in the interim. This handspun is from a couple years ago. I don't remember the wool and I don't remember the circumstances of the green dye bath - not mine. My started project stalled because the pattern isn't showing off my yarn. I need something that's working, while I work on something that's not.
To that end, I've knitted a swatch this afternoon. I saw something in Ravelry that I liked but the gauge is different and I don't feel like paying for a pattern that I'm going to have to recalculate. I've decided to see how close I can come with Sweater Wizard. The one thing I know is that I want a one-button cardigan.
Amy brought back this terrific button for me from a Black Sheep Gathering a couple of years ago and I still haven't put it to use. The flash negates the green, but it's there. This is the winter that I could use another cardigan. I'm wearing one of my sweaters right now!
The county fair........
14 hours ago