And finally I have made myself start on the rag placemats. Everything that could go wrong, has. It's a great learning experience however, and one thing I've learned is that you really need to cut some of your rags, weave to see if you like the width and if not, adjust. I have had to recut already cut strips, which is much harder than cutting from the original cloth.
The first mat is completed. I thought I had threaded for Double Bind, but this doesn't being to resemble the picture - more unanswered questions. These are for DIL Missy who was visiting from Oregon this week. I showed the project to her and she was thrilled. She was taken by the weaving process so I explained that the pattern is a combination of threading, tie-up and treadling and showed her on this project how those three are represented. She stayed with me and asked really good questions. I ended up telling her when she has space, I have a loom for her, and for the price of room and board, she can have weaving lessons.
And while I'm on the subject of learning, have you ever wondered what would happen if you put variegated yarn in both the warp and weft. Well, wonder no more. It looks like this and it's a good thing I'm weaving this towel for myself because I would be embarrassed to give it to anyone. It is in a word - ugly. Moving on....
Oh, and we awoke this morning to more of this. Over the course of the day it warmed enough to melt it all. The good news is that the moisture was absorbed into the ground with no run-off. The bad news is that we have three more sets of dog tracks throughout the house. If weather can be bi-polar, then we have it.
I'm back on the wagon
4 hours ago