I finally got Maudie Mae warped and am weaving dishtowels again. This time I used the variegated yarn for warp that I used for weft in Little Sharon's towels. You can see how the colors drift but don't pool. I warped back to front, now that I'm comfortable with the steps, and was surprised at how quickly and effortlessly the warp was on. I didn't have to comb out the tangles as I wound on, and I also caught a threading error while I sleyed. I think I'm a convert.
I am back to the M and W twill pattern. I love how subtle it is until you catch the right angle and then you see the hidden treasure - diamonds!
My current spinning is in prep-
aration for weaving a rug. I found a couples of sacks in the studio - white border leicester locks and brown Romney locks. They were washed so I carded them together. I have somewhere between 2-3 pounds of yarn already spun. My goal is to have enough that when the weather finally does warm up, I'll be ready to overdye everything with natural dyes in the still of a morning.
I have pounds of luster long wools in the garage, partial fleeces from spontan-
eous purchases years ago before I understood that they're just not great garment wools. My goal is to use them up - rugs take up much less space than storage bins!
Fire season in full swing.....
10 hours ago