My morning spinning for the last couple of weeks is summed up in these two bobbins. The right one is merino blended with snipped sari silk thrums. The thrums were equal blue and fuchsia but they appear very blue here. The left is plain Tussah silk.
I weighed 1.7 ounces for the merino blend, so guessed that 1.5 of the silk, since it weighs more, would be close to equal. It was pretty close.
The goal of this yarn was to dye it pink and then knit a pink scarf for a breast cancer survivor by October. Starting now that gives me six months to knit, but I'm concerned this morning that the ply is so blue.
I put the skein in a pink dye bath, but the blue sari silk wasn't even close to exhausted and it over-
whelmed the cyclamen pink. I honestly don't know what to do now. I still want to gift someone in October with a pink scarf - that was the whole point here. I guess I start over. I have six months still. I did get some yarn dyed for more vegetables, so the dye day wasn't a total bust, but close.
The county fair........
14 hours ago