I reached the point yesterday where I could finally call an end to this project. I had sliced up 15 pairs of jeans to get to this point. I struggled to get enough tension on this rug, something I hadn't experienced with the rag rugs. Denim is another medium.
I unrolled this unwieldy monster. It was so difficult to manage from here on out and hemming it was a an ordeal. Weaving with denim is not the same as weaving with cotton - I know they're both cotton. You know what I mean.
Buster and Charlie had to give their stamp of approval. I washed it first and the lint was so serious that I know I can't wash it again. Part of the problem is that I couldn't get the tension this rug needed with my jack loom. It's the first time I realized the limitations of a rising shed loom. Yes. You do need a sinking shed loom to weave rugs. I want one but don't have room or money for one. That's that. I didn't like working with denim anyway, so there.
Getting to Know You
16 hours ago