I've been working on beefing up my one ball collection for making hats. I'm pretty happy with my collection so far, and I'm even more happy with what I got by using Gaywool Dyes - I recently ramped up my colors. I have a miscellaneous collection from a variety of dye days with friends, but as much fun as I had at those events, I ended up with colors that didn't mesh.
The four balls on the left were the most intensive of all my dyeing labor and I will not do that again. They were the most work and all I got was solid colors. The three balls on the right were dyed in the locks and then blended with purchased dyed mohair locks. The very cool skeins in the front, the most effortless of all, were spun and then dyed in the pot. They are all hat fodder.
Ian is still at it - this is this internet mobile unit, reference interview.
I'm back on the wagon
4 hours ago