Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And More Color

I've been working on beefing up my one ball collection for making hats. I'm pretty happy with my collection so far, and I'm even more happy with what I got by using Gaywool Dyes - I recently ramped up my colors. I have a miscellaneous collection from a variety of dye days with friends, but as much fun as I had at those events, I ended up with colors that didn't mesh.

The four balls on the left were the most intensive of all my dyeing labor and I will not do that again. They were the most work and all I got was solid colors. The three balls on the right were dyed in the locks and then blended with purchased dyed mohair locks. The very cool skeins in the front, the most effortless of all, were spun and then dyed in the pot. They are all hat fodder.

Ian is still at it - this is this internet mobile unit, reference interview.

7 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

That glass head will have some beautiful hats to show off soon I predict! The yarn colors are great!!

I love how your dog is on the computer too!! Too funny!

Sue

vlb5757 said...

I love the colors you have there. I am trying to tell a friend that her "one" balls of yarn are great hat wannabes. I am not sure she is buying it yet but I will work on her more. Maybe I should show her your site??

Jodi said...

All the dyeing turned out beautifully! There will be beautiful hats galore.

You left a nice comment about a baby sweater on my blog last week. I had to laugh b/c that one is actually a Jodi sweater! But thank you nevertheless. :-) I'll have to post a modeled shot this weekend after I sew on buttons.

Theresa said...

It's all just lovely. I can see those single colors working so nicely in with the fancier yarns. Cute on the mobil internet. Gotta catch him first no doubt!

Valerie said...

yummy colors! what fun!

BTW...I'm amazed that you can see the screen outdoors in the sunlight. I just can't do that.

BTW my verification word is unchandl...seems to fit with that public internet sign somehow...

MiniKat said...

Gorgeous colors! Can't wait to see them in hat form. :-)

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Uh! I cant biggify that picture! I want to see the colors close up! Uh! lol Oh well, maybe I will get to see them over fair weekend?