Monday, August 31, 2009

Mini Spin-In

Mim's husband Bob is a gardener and it shows. I love their place. Their end of the valley is at a higher elevation and they are on the side of Peterson Mountain, which means the sun sets earlier for them. Whatever the reasons, it's lovely.
He plants his tomatoes in black pots and then stakes them. He says the black pots help to heat the roots. I don't know about that but I can't argue with success. I came home with two handfuls of these delightful red orbs. They don't have problems with rodents eating the fruit- they have Jo Beth, the Jack Russell Terrorist.
If Bob ever needs a referral for a potential client, he need only show them his own yard. It's like a park. It was on Mim's deck in May 2001 that I fell in love with this valley.
I told Mim that after I retired, I was going to come over one day to spin with her on the deck. This is the first time that I've finally done it and I don't want it to be so long before I do it again. You can see Jo Beth behind the blue bag. She's never far from Mim. Becky stayed over one more day after the fair so that we all could spend some time together. We would have had more time if I hadn't had that dental appointment.
This is our view from the deck. You can see why I fell in love. Jake is on guard.






And this is what I brought home from the fair. Charlie likes it.

11 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Perfection!! What a great view!!

And does this mean you won ribbons?? DO tell!

Sue

beadlizard said...

A slice of heaven...

So, what's the story about the ribbons???

Mim said...

Sharon has excelled at the fair, again!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Im home! Mim's place is wonderful, peaceful, a good place to get your soul settled. I always hate to leave. I enjoyed our visit this morning, even if it was short.

Theresa said...

You know we'll all expect a ribbon accounting!
Great pictures and what a lovely view. A terrorist you say! Those Jacks are game little dogs and I love the short legged variety. I'll bet she rules the roost.

Valerie said...

Congratulations on those ribbons! Looks like Mim's needs to be a regular stop....at least when it's not snowing!

bspinner said...

Congratulations on the ribbons!!! How exciting!!!

What a beautiful place to live! Can't beat the house and the view!

Tina T-P said...

What a lovely day - friends, spinning, where's the margaritas?

And congrats on your big beautiful ribbons! T.

Leigh said...

What! You won ribbons at the fair?!?!?! Congratulations!

Thanks for the pix. I love Mim's place, looks sooo peaceful.

woolydaisy said...

congrats on the fair! the spin in looked like fun!!!

Kathy said...

Congratulations, Sharon! Charlie definitely has good taste, doesn't he? :)
I sure wish we were closer to you all...that deck and the people on it look mighty inviting.