Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Favorite Beer

I hadn't thought about this being regional beer, but if you're from the East, then this certainly would be a West Coast regional beer. It's brewed in Petaluma in the Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino wine country. The brewers have a delicious sense of humor as well as a delicious beer.
Printed around the perimeter of the label: "Thanks for choosing to spend the next few minutes with this special homicidally hoppy ale. Savor the moment as the raging hop character engages the Imperial Qualities of the Malt Foundation in mortal combat on the battlefield of your palate! Life is Uncertain! Don't Sip!"

My third blogiversary slipped right by me in April, so I thought I'd celebrate by tricking out my blog when I retired, but that didn't happen either. I will just celebrate by saying that this is my 500th post. I kinda like that it also coincides with being about my favorite brew.

9 comments:

Theresa said...

Oooh, I think I can get this for a try! Cute case and happy 500th post! Wow!

Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

Congrats on your 500th!

Mim said...

Congradulations and Bob has been bringing the same beer home. It does taste great!

Tina T-P said...

Oh, I'm coming up on my 500th post too! Congrats - We have lots of hops - want to brew your own? T.

Life Looms Large said...

I love that that beer has a dog on the box! I would buy it just because of that....Around here we have Old Brown Dog - a dark beer that I've tried and tried to like because I love the name of it! I don't sound like a beer aficionado do I?

Happy belated 3rd blogoversary!

And happy 500th post! I have a ways to go - I think I'm on 221....but I talk a lot!

Cheers!

Sue

bspinner said...

Congrats on your third blogoversary and 500th posting.

I loved having a good cold beer with pizza or a bowl of popcorn but darn doctor says no way. Enjoy one for me.

Kathy said...

Happy 500th!

I'm coming to your place for a beer, er...celebration. Yeah, that's right...a celebration. ;)

I will have to see if your brand makes it this far easterly. My DH does brew his own, but that doesn't keep me from tasting other concoctions.

(And you were so right, Sharon...I LOVE my laptop!)

Leigh said...

Well done on all that blogging! Hurray for your 500th post!

Never heard of that brand, not that I'm a beer aficionado. ;) Still, it's tasty after a long hot day.

woolydaisy said...

have you tried the lagunitas- hop stoopid? very good-but very strong:)
we are in luck-you hear of this study
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6014310/Beer-could-stop-bones-going-brittle.html