Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Denim and Done

That's the last placemat for this warp. I get eleven placemats for a ten yard warp. I think I can get another yard from my warping board which would be convenient since that that give me three sets of four. Hmm.

This is all that was left from the denim rug I was reweaving. I might have been able to squeeze a little more from it but I was done with this whole thing and tossed it away. I saw Julie's pictures on Facebook and her dynamic denim rugs. Tempting? Oh yeah, and no thanks.
I'm more excited to be able to finally vacuum up the denim fallout and get on to color weaving. I can't start on the next project until next week. I have to get ready for Spindle Camp. I mean I get to get ready for Spindle Camp.

I get so frustrated by Sammie, the abandoned dog who adopted us, because she licks licks licks obsessively. Yet she is the one who wants to be with me while I weave and is content to lie here until I'm done. I get so mad at her and I love her at the same time.
I am so happy to finally clean up these denim tails. I got a phone call last week from someone whom I had had contact with and who saw my blog. Did I do denim rugs. Not if I can help it.
I am such a fringe weenie. Here's my stack for tonight's TV amuse-
ment side activity. I'm getting faster and not so fussy.
They are so much more good, awesome, pretty, cool - after the fringe is tied.

8 comments:

LA said...

I love the look of denim in placemats and rugs....and it just lasts forever! I think you're lucky that Sammie chose you to live with. It's nice to have such gentle company while you weave.

Benita said...

And they will last for years and years and years - much longer than anything commercially made.

Of course, when you get tired of them as placemats, you could always make totebags out of them. :)

weavinfool said...

Are you bringing me some soap to Spindle camp? I can let it finish curing at my house.

Tina J said...

My dog Scout does the same thing, and she too was abandoned at a very young age. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Either the why of the abandonment or the result of it.

re'New said...

Your placemats look nice! I'm not a placemat using person, and I don't like making them either. So I'm all good :) But I LOVE the denim rugs! Ha! Funny how everyone has their own likes and not so likes...

Maggie said...

Bella has started to scratch obsessively, with nothing wrong according to the vet, and it shakes the loom when she's next to me in the studio! Drives me nuts! She's also a rescue, but I think I have to blame it on my not being home much lately. You pay a price for unconditional love, no?

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Nice placemats! Have fun at the spindle camp!

Judy said...

Nice placemats! They can be a lot of fun to weave and then use.