Sunday, June 05, 2011

The Unexpected

This is Sandy, my partner in grime, and this is the third craft show we've done together, all because she'd email me and say - you wanna split a booth? This show was to benefit the Girl Scouts of the North Valleys region, a very economically depressed area with one in three homes in foreclosure.

The fee was only $20, so we gambled and I lost. Sandy sold some things and kept saying how bad she felt that I hadn't sold anything. I felt that indirectly I had done very well. It was the deadline of this show that caused me to have hat kits ready that I told on Wednesday and the soap that I placed in the Artists Co-op on Friday.
My neighbors Carol and Kerry have started making bird feeders from thrift store pottery so I told them to put them at our booth and see what the response is. No one came, other than GSA members and family, so we still don't know. They mentioned the craft fair next Saturday this morning in church announcements, so I called this afternoon - what the heck. There has been a cancellation due to illness and I took it. Because I felt confident in my booth appearance and knew what questions to ask after my experience yesterday, I think this is going to be a good event - if the weather cooperates. It's a first time show, but it's the only one for this month, it's before Fathers Day and it's heavily advertised. Or I could be making another donation to St. Michael's.
If you live local and weren't aware of it, Sundance Books has moved from the strip mall on 5th street to the northwest corner of California and Sierra Streets. It's an original mansion that has been occupied by lawyers for years, but the property is owned by the Nevada Museum of Art which is just next door. It's charming and has much more character than the old locale. Please help make them successful.
If you don't live locally, we have continued rainy weather, with an inch of rain predicted for tonight and another half inch tomorrow. So unexpected, but then no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

LOL, nope no one does expect the spanish inquisition...
Sorry about not selling anything, but as you pointed out, there are always more fairs to attend....

Evelyn said...

Too bad about the no sales, but did you have a good time?