Saturday, May 01, 2010

Mijo

I went over to Mim's last week just to visit and see her new lambs. Though we live in the same valley, her end is higher and also has a higher water table. I have pasture envy.

This little black lamb is Mijo, along with his mom. Mijo is going to come live with us. Yes indeed, I do get my own, I mean Ian's own, full-time black lamb. In the meantime, I have Sven's fleece so no pressure on Mijo to grow and be fluffy.
Mijo is a pip. He's checking out Jo Beth, Mim's Jack Russel terrorist, if you happened to notice her in the first photo on Mim's heels. She's always mixing it up with herd, her homeies. Mim can't use Mijo for breeding and doesn't want to eat him, and thus he will become one of our wethers.
We walked over to the large pasture to see Mim's grass. What she means is native grasses and because of the wet and prolonged winter, she has an abundance. Notice the sheep forms in the sagebrush. Shetlands are native to thriving on shrubbery. We have shrubbery in spades here. Click for big recommended here.

Looking east from Mim's property.

Looking west from ours. I still love it, warts and all.

7 comments:

Marion B. said...

Though I don't like snow and all, those pictures are georgious. You live in a beautiful part of our world.
Marion (from a rainy (finaly) Netherlands)

Jody said...

Mijo is a cutie. Funny the moms all look light coloured and the lambs are dark. Yes I agree with Marion....beautiful landscape.

Jodi said...

So beautiful! I never cease to be amazed by the variety of the American landscape.

Congrats on the wee lamb!

Anonymous said...

I'm not seeing any warts - just beauty.

Life Looms Large said...

Beautiful pictures (although I can see why your area had a breaking in period for you!! (NH did for me as well!)

That's cool that soon you'll have a black sheep on the premises!! (Or do they change color as they grow up?)

Enjoy!
Sue

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Do you occasionally, get this giddy feeling when you look around Nevada? Something that'
s hard to contain, a feeling that races up and down your spine and makes you want to shout from a roof top that Nevada is one of the most beautiful places in the world? Just wondering... I do :)

Michelle said...

I'm tickled for you and your - er, Ian's new sheep!