Friday, June 10, 2011

Day Three of Summer

I've finally finished my Lady February sweater. Ian says he likes it. I'm not in love with it but I think part of the problem is the wool I spun this yarn from - Targhee. I think I need to wash it again and instead of blocking it, I need to stretch it. Targhee is so crazy boingy stretchy that it doesn't drape. It would be great in a pullover. Know thy yarn, or I should say wool! Lucky on the buttons - they came from something Melissa got at the Goodwill and didn't like.
I cut the soap after lunch into bars and now the three week curing count begins. I'm such an impatient person - my mother would never believe that I do this. I can't believe it either!
I used a medley of citrus-like scents. I didn't want to smell like a lifesaver. I didn't know if my shredded peel would show in the soap but I think it looks marvelous.
Ian went up into the Sierras about four more times last year than the year before and it's a good thing. All the hardwood is gone; this is pine. Today is the third day without a fire in the woodstove. It got up to 75.6 and we both spent a lot of time trying get yard work done. Between that and moving Melissa, I'm sore tonight.
I packed the car earlier today and I'm ready to leave in the morning at 7:00. Melissa sent me a message this morning that the park we're installing the yarn bombs in is having a Reno Block Party at 10:00. I don't know what that means exactly, but I do think at would be the best International Yarn Bomb inauguration ever.

4 comments:

Cindie said...

Here's wishing you great sales tomorrow!
Can't wait to hear about the yarn bombs.

LA said...

I'm sending positive yarn bombing thoughts and GREAT sales for you! That soap looks almost yummy....go figure!!!!

Jody said...

Your soap looks and must smell...delicious! I used to try all sorts of concoctions for my soaps and it was so much fun...although I remember a few flops :-)

Benita said...

Your soap does look very pretty. I'm going to bet, with it being summer, that it will sell very well once it hits the shop.