Thursday, September 17, 2020

Bringing color indoors

Our sunflowers can't thrive without sun and I think they exemplify the feelings in our hearts.  Photos from the Valley are shocking.  Fires continue to burn and at the governor's briefing this afternoon we were apprised that containment is at 20%, but perimeters are holding and in some areas evacuees have been allowed to return, Canby being one of them.  Black Sheep Gathering will have a place to gather next year; the fairgrounds were spared.

I knitted this sweater for Delaney before she was born.  The morning was chilly so it was packed in along with her clothes for the day.  I love this color so much

She is trying to process what is on her arms and after careful consideration decided she didn't like it.  It's been bare-arm weather in her recent memory.
She liked it much better as a toy.  There's plenty of room for her to grow into it so maybe when it's cooler she'll have more patience with sleeves.  It's Malabrigos Rios yarn which is worsted weight wool and I have a feeling will always be too warm for casual wear.  
I've completed two days of the six sessions of my Color Confidence zoom class taught by Sarah Jackson.  This is my sampler using colors pulled from a color inspiration photo.  There are 23 of us and the potential for chaos has been thwarted by the establishment of simple ground rules. We mute ourselves during the instruction period, and if we have a question, we just say in the Chat field, I have a question.  It's the closest to normal anything has felt in a long time.
I got some of my homework done after the morning guild meeting and class session yesterday afternoon.  I squeezed in some more during Delaney's nap this afternoon.  I'm not going to weave any more until tomorrow afternoon's lecture so I make the best use of remaining warp.  This part of the sampler is in summer and winter, a draft I'm still trying to get my head around.
These are the last towels I finished and they're in summer and winter.  I like the thick cloth which is ideal for towels.  I think my next towels will be single shuttle crackle weave with at least six colors.  My expectation from this class is that I will make informed color decisions.









 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We've gotten some heavy showers, with the rare treat of accompanying thunder and lightning. Praise the Lord!