Saturday, December 05, 2020

I'm Still Here


 A friend asked me if I could weave a set of placemats for a friend of hers.  No hurry she said, and it's good thing because I started them after the weaving class in October and never found time to focus on them.  She liked the colors I showed her but I hated the uninspired way they were working up.  

Ultimately I cut the warp off and started over.  Her friend's inspiration color was olive green.  I didn't change the yarn colors but I did change how I paired them.  

I asked my friend if she wanted them all in one weft color of each one different.  This is what we ended up with.  I put enough warp on to make a second set.

Mornings have been biting cold and dry.  I can't complain as cold morning walks are much easier to manage than cold icy morning walks.  It was 18 degrees on this morning.

I am fortunate to have this field nearby but I keep a close eye on my footing until it gets lighter.  I have to get my walks in before the baby gets here.

Once she is here the day belongs to her.  I get the biggest kick out of these two - Grandpa reading on his phone and Delaney writing on one of her pads.
I bought myself a treat.  I've been shopping for a small teapot and I realize the problem is that tea is a social event so teapots are for multiple cups.  I've wrestled with my loose leaf tea, boiling water and a strainer - for just me.  No longer.  I now have this little gem.  I'm calling it my pandemic pot, for drinking alone.

Meanwhile we continue to wait for our new stove, the one we ordered last August.  Orders for appliances are backed up and we originally expected it to arrive in October, then November, now December.  Until then we are spared the calories of Christmas baked goodies.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I thought your weaving looked just fine in the first photo, but can see that the changes you made to get what's in the second photo IS more pleasing. Thinking of you, friend!