Sunday, February 13, 2022

Time Flies

This is the best washing machine I have ever had.  The drum is huge so I'm able to do the laundry in fewer loads.  And the dingy sheets are bright white again.  I was feeling sorry for myself because the choices were limited to what would fit in this little laundry closet under the stairs, but no more.


One of my recent hikes was high above the Deschutes River.  It's beautiful in its own craggy way. 

I met these ladies through the community garden at our church and last week we decided to form a small hiking group.  Our first outting was on the Juniper Forest trails in the Badlands, east of Bend.  It's hard to believe that it's February when you look at this photo.
My weaving has taken a back seat to everything else but I finally finished a set of towels, a variation of Turned Taquete.  
I've wanted to participate in the guild's color challenge and this is the inspiration image I was given.
These are the colors I've chosen.

I've wound three quarters of the warp and this is how it's shaping up.  I'd like to finish winding and beam the warp tomorrow.  My weaving has been infrequent and the downside of that is my back gets tired quickly.  Usually winter is when I get the most weaving done.  If there's one thing I've learned through the pandemic, it's that there is no "usually" anymore.  And on that note I'm going to read on the patio since it's a sunny 63 degrees this afternoon.





 

2 comments:

marlane said...

Thanks for the washing machine recommendation... enjoy your hiking group and the sunshine.

karensspinzen said...

I keep staring at those towels, the colors, the design. Perfection!