Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Smoke gets in your eyes

Somehow it seems perverse to be knitting woolen caps in June when the air outside is choked with smoke from multiple wildfires. I love making the caps because it gives me the chance to knit with samples of handspinning that wouldn't be enough for a project otherwise. Even better, I get to sell them.

We are supposed to have more thunderstorm activity today. I can't think this is good news. I woke up this morning, knowing that today I will make myself finished the last 20 pages of White Oleander by Janet Fitch. This is yet another Oprah book. Are they all so angst ridden? Each time I read one, I say I'll never read another. Yet here I am, reading another. I picked it up from the library booksale. I'll decide tomorrow if it was a good deal.

No comments: