Friday, September 25, 2009

Beach Camping

We bought this new tent just for coastal camping. It's big enough for sleeping and chairs so we can go inside after dark and read. Coastal camping is damp camping but the trade off is no mosquitoes.


This is the overlook from our camp-
ground to the Suislaw River and its outlet to the Pacific Ocean at high tide. I love to fall asleep at night to the distant sounds of pounding surf and the sound of channel buoys. It's one of the things that has drawn me back to this campground for ten years.
Ian and I got perfect weather for a walk on the North Jetty beach. This is the craziest piece of washed up driftwood that I have ever seen. It looks like something from a science fiction movie.

I get the biggest kick out of the driftwood and the humor that the locals have. Is this not the best driftwood castle you have ever seen?!
I'm at the ocean but I'm not at the ocean until I my feet are in the ocean, and while the sun is shining, the water is cold, cold, cold. Ian is so nervous walking on shore - don't drop my expensive camera in the water!




What does a Croc look like on the beach sand? Just like this!





The Crocs are leaving the building, I mean, the jetty....

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what fun! And no smoke either. Enjoy.

bspinner said...

Looks like you're having a great time. Beautiful pictures.
Have fun!

Life Looms Large said...

That looks beautiful!! That driftwood looks amazing.

Have a fun trip!!

Sue

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing!