Yesterday I decided to dye another bit of roving, this time using my pin-drafted Shetland in the lasagna pan in the oven. The dyes did not separate and I was very disappointed. I'll use the cold pour, steam method in the future. It did felt slightly, but it could have been worse.
Do you like this placemat? I love it and did this much yesterday. When I went upstairs to finish it this morning, I discovered that I had mislaid my pinwheels. After tearing the house apart for over an hour, I had the sickening realization that all that work was lost and for a moment, I was so nauseous , I thought I would throw up. I had to unweave it and I'll just have to use these in a rug.
I ended up selecting colors and cutting strips for two more sets of placemats instead. It was pretty brutal, but I'll be close to back to my deadline of Wednesday.
I got the strips sewn for the third set and wound them this evening. I'll be happy to get back to weaving tomorrow. This whole thing threw me for a loop. One day I'll find the place I mindlessly placed my strips and I hope I'll be able to laugh. Either that, or they're on their way to the landfill.
Meanwhile, I'm happy to say that it just started snowing about an hour ago. We've had the worst allergy season this fall, with massive drooping seed heads on the sagebrush. The dogs have been wheezing and we're all sneezing. Snow is the perfect solution - put those pollens to bed. It will make a perfect day to weave tomorrow.
3 hours ago