Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Nekkid Looms

All of sudden I had three undressed looms and so I undertook them in the order of business with Dora the Explora' my Dorset workshop loom being most urgent.  I'm attending a two-day Double Weave workshop this weekend.  Also it's my least favorite to warp so I wanted to get that behind me.
It's folded up and ready to travel but I'm not going to lash onto the front beam until I get there.  I've learned the hard way that I have tension problems when I fold it up with the warp in place so I'll just plan to arrive early.
Next came Arthur, after having just cut off that frightfully ill conceived warp.  The is the same draft but this time I'm using 3/2 perle cotton set at 12 epi and it's working up really well.
Several years ago I bought this  3 1/2 pound cone from the mill-end club of Yarn Barn of Kansas.  I didn't know what to do with it at the time but it seemed too good to pass up at $8 a pound.  I have other cones I bought thinking the same thing and they're still gathering dust, waiting for inspiration.
Last came Maudie Mae and that's because I've struggled with which colors to use for my Carnival color way.
Again, this is my inspiration photo.
But after I wound the first three bouts and could see that I was way off the mark.
I dumped the Nassau Blue and swapped in Old Gold.  To be continued.
I've finished knitting my great grandson's Baby Surprise Jacket but still have run it through a wash and dry cycle.  The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash.
I'd like to knit a big sister version for Olivia using these colors but first have to write out the pattern for her size.  I'm having a hard time reading the instructions that come with the Ravelry version.  I am uber math challenged and those instructions are torture.

No comments: