Friday, September 17, 2010

Knitting Deadlines

I finished winding my skeins into balls this morning and this basket is now my felted bags kit. I'm itching to dive in and get started but I have a very serious deadline.

My grand-
niece's birthday is just ten days away and the present has to shipped to North Carolina. I've been knitting this collection of vegetables and need to knit more to finish the collection, but first I need to get the bag done to know how much it will hold.
I'm having problems loving the bag as it's working up in this linen. The "recipe" called for two strands of 4-ply linen to be held together, which probably makes sense for an adult market bag. I've reduced the size for a two-year old. I wish I would have used a single strand because this is starting to look like an old lady's purse. This morning I seriously thought about pulling it out and starting over with a single strand, but then I wouldn't have time for more vegetables, and really, it's about the vegetables.

7 comments:

Mim said...

I love your colors for the felted bags!

Anonymous said...

Just adore those little veggies. Too bad about not liking the bag, hope it comes together for you.

Sara said...

Veggies! Too fun :).

bspinner said...

Are you making kits up to sell? I love your "old lady" purse. You're so funny!!!

Veggies are way to cool!!!

Laura said...

This is where knitting machines come in really handy. You could whip a bag out in about 20 minutes...

I'd offer to do it for you, but you know how I am with mailing stuff!

Life Looms Large said...

The veggies are super cool. Could you send a bag that you like along later? Christmas is coming after all! (Can you tell that I have a mixed relationship with deadlines?)

Love the colors for the felted bags!

Sue

Nina said...

Those colours for the felted bags look wonderful together. Lucky little grand niece to get those cute veggies. What a great gift and perfect for that age. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with them and the storage bag.