I have already put the warp on my Dorset for the crackle-weave workshop next month. I've never had a problem- free warp on this loom so I started early in the event I need to call for help, i.e., Laura. It was another gray day but because the loom is so small and light, I set it up in Ian's stamp room underneath the skylight. Before I knew it all 8" of warp was threaded.
This is a blend of eight fibers including Starfire.
Oh my, easier said than done. The skein was a tangled mess and took me an hour to unravel with the hank draped over my knees.
I couldn't tell when I just burned that yarn so I lit a candle and burned fibers that I knew what the content was. Dharma has a great sheet of information on doing a burn test. My yarn is definitely silk. I tried to break the thread last week with my hand and it cut into my finger deeply. I should have known right then.
I put the warp on the front of Arthur and thought, I'll just sley it so I can see how the colors look, and, well, you know how the rest went.
I was just going to hem-stitch it, but then thought I should weave a couple inches to check the pics per inch and then I thought I should make sure the selvedges were even. By 2:00 I was starving and knew I really needed to call it a day.