Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter in March

Easter Eve and a full moon on the rise. I'm hearing Creedence Clearwater Revival in my head.

Easter morning and a full sun on the rise. I walked the dogs before church this morning - 29 degrees it was. They didn't seem to notice, but I certainly did.

New growth - yippee. We're starting to see native grasses sprouting at the roots of the dormant sage and rabbit brush. I'm reminded of my friend Nancy from high school. She loved to say "Spring has sprung, the grass is riz - I wonder where ol' Sharon is." And indeed, spring has sprung. It's 61 degrees outside at noon right now and a perfect day to celebrate Easter. Celebrate away!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hah! My Mother used to say *Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the flowers is*.

Funny old quote: I have no idea where it originates.

Must go: Reese's eggs await.

Catzee said...

Charlie can come live wif me iffen him don't mind puttin' up wif Rascal. An' I'm the Boss acuz I got tortie-tude an' I'm a gurl.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Nice picture of the moon! It was very pretty here also :)