Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's a Happy Meme

Kathleen has tagged me with this Meme. I am supposed to list six unimportant things that make me happy and then tag six other people. They must mean little, not unimportant things. If they make me happy, then they're important - well, to me they are. Just six???

1. The sound of my four-year-old granddaughter's sweet little voice.
2. The sight of my grandson with his face buried in a book, leg draped over the back of the sofa.
3. My grandkids whispering to each other after lights out when they spend the night.
4. The fragrance after a rain, especially wet asphalt.
5. Watching my silly dogs romp when we take morning walks.
6. Listening to the songbirds in our front yard when I sit outside to read.
7. The sound of the breeze blowing through the trees, especially the pines.

And I'm retiring a month from today, but that can't go on the list since that is very important.

So let's see. I'm tagging some of my blog friends whom I haven't heard a peep from in a while.

1. Marie at Funny Farm
2. Vickie at Virginia Purl
3. Cindy at Cindy Knits
4. Mim at Desert Peach Farm
5. Lee at When She was Knitting
6. Sylvia at Beadlizard
7. Robin at For the Love of Fiber

Just six! See I did it - I stuck to the rules.

3 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Ummmm, thats 7...
...wet asphalt? lol afer a rain my favorite smell is the sage :)

Tina T-P said...

I love listening to the birds too and now the cottonwoods are starting to bloom - you can't miss that sweet earthy smell - :-) T.

bspinner said...

Congrats on the "Happy Meme". Fun to get to know what makes happy all of which are seem to be the simple things in life.