Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Kitten on the Keys

This morning I was getting ready for work when from my workroom came the persistent rustling sounds of paper. It had to be our kitten getting into something I would probably wish he weren’t, but I reasoned that he would probably be doing the same thing if I had already left. Other than push things onto the floor and sleep in baskets of wool leaving orange kitty hairs, he really hasn’t done anything too terrible. But it went on so long that anxiety got the best of me and I ran up the stairs to determine if anything were in danger. I ran right back down and got the camera.



I wrap my warp with Christmas wrapping paper from Costco that we got tired of years ago. It’s just the right width, and the sound I was hearing was Charlie attacking the paper. Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat and why he suddenly needed to eat the paper, but he was on the back beam, tearing the paper to bits. The only damage he did, other than to destroy the paper, was to tangle with warp from a bobbin sitting on the castle. After I took the picture, I extricated the cat and all is well. More well would be having time to finish weaving that scarf. I admit to typing this with a computer and a cat on my lap.


7 comments:

:shazzy: said...

Cute! He's weaving!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!!!

Bev said...

What a great kitty photo. He's gorgeous.

I wanted to wish you a happy birthday Sharon and my best wishes for a lovely future!

Looming Looney said...

Look at him. Busted by Mommy. He has the look of guilt and shock written all over his face.

by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

debi said...

Happy birthday to you!

Manda said...

ohhh, your cat is adorable! :)

Happy Birthday, Sharon!!! :D

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Many wishes for a great year.