Monday, February 19, 2007

Dye Purchase Postponed

I finally decided to order the Landscape Dyes from Woodland Woolworks and was just trying to determine which six colors I was going to get, when an ad on the opposite page for this book caught my eye. I forgot that I had ordered this book to get free shipping from Amazon when I was buying some other things last year. I put on the shelf of my bookcase upstairs and that's where it has been ever since. I started reading it and was fascinated to realize that the color harmonies I was selecting actually had a reason and that's why my eye was drawn to them. It seems that I'm prone to select split complementary colors. So I decided to postpone ordering the dyes until I finished reading the book.

Meanwhile, the Foothill Fiber Guild is having a dye day on March 25th. Sara Lamb will be there and has promised to answer any questions we might have. Allison emailed to say that she would drive if I wanted to go. We both belong to this guild even though it's on the west side of the Sierras and we live on the east side,. It simply cannot snow that weekend! I'm really excited for this opportunity and am spinning up generic yarn to dye. I'd like to take some roving too, but will wait for the emailed supply list before I finalize my selection. And so I postpone my order of more dyes, yet again.

I was disappointed to realize that the fused glass class this Saturday is in conflict with our grandson Logan's sixth birthday and he would like us to buy him either clothes or books. It will be books. We gave him the first two dozen of the Magic Tree House series last year and they were a huge hit. That's my boy.

I don't know what I was thinking when I enrolled for this glass class. It's on the 24th. Logan was born on the 24th. He carefully printed the information on his own invitations. I'll cancel as soon as I get to work tomorrow. So, no Amy, no fused glass buttons for your birthday this year.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

A dye class with Sara Lamb, lucky you! It will be great. And since grandsons are more important than buttons, we'll just have to wait on that report!

Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

I forgive you. Instead you can share what you learn from the dye day with me. I expect a spectacular show and tell!

Birdsong said...

I do think you are wise to wait and soak up all that knowledge before purchasing. Sounds like Amy can't come...